Thursday, February 14, 2013

Vine Hill, Chardonnay, 2009, Santa Cruz Mountains, California

Dammit Vine Hill, I just can't quit you.  You went out of business in a shroud of mystery and then this random Hawaiian grocery store chain grabbed your entire inventory and I can't stop buying everything you have to offer.  Your Zin made me scream for joy and your Pinot left me crying in the corner.  Now it's time for you higher end Chard.
The Vine Hill is uniform medium gold in color.  The nose is dominated by chemical bretty poop with just a hint of spicy apple sauce.  I kept hoping the agent orange would blow off but it didn't.  I will say that there were some nice yellow apple notes on the flavor profile of this medium body wine.  Still I am such a nerdy smeller of wine, every single taste was tainted.  I don't think this bottle was corked and I do think something went wrong in the wine-making process or with the wine-making facility itself.  One shouldn't talk smack on the dead but this shit is still for sale and I care about my fellow island wine drinkers.  Seriously, you'd be better off spending a night alone on the KJ rez.

No comments:

Post a Comment